After years of sitting through way too many banal, sleep inducing PowerPoint presentations, I finally could not take it any more and dashed off this missive which I originally wrote for my students. I believe there are seven crucial presentation design habits that will help you develop more engaging … Continue reading...
Most Recent Posts
Hollow (requires Google Chrome) is an interactive documentary and community participatory project that examines the future of rural America through stories of over 30 residents of McDowell County, West Virginia, an area that is representative of many regional boom-and-bust economies across the … Continue reading...
This post is a follow-up to the "Final Cut Pro X for Final Cut Pro 7 Editors" workshop I did at Boston Neighborhood Network on Saturday, December 13, 2014. If you're still editing with Final Cut Pro Classic (my way of referring to Final Cut Pro 7.x or earlier) and sitting things out, you will … Continue reading...
Rebel: Loreta Velazquez, secret soldier of the American Civil War is a new documentary by María Agui Carter that tells the story of a woman who has … Continue reading...
The tsunami of 2011 devastated the Tohoku region of Japan killing thousands of people, flooding agricultural fields, destroying houses, profoundly … Continue reading...
- UnknownSpring: web documentary review and interview with photojournalist Jake Price
- Whitney Dow: When the Drum is Beating
- Chris Paine: Revenge of the Electric Car
- Tom Robotham talks about his Blender LED light
- Interview with David Redmon and Ashley Sabin about Intimidad
- Scott Kirsner: Inventing the Movies
In an ideal world I'd have a ninja-class boom operator with me on all of my documentary shoots, but short of that I usually place a wireless lavaliere … Continue reading...
A micro-documentary differs from a long-form documentary in terms of length, structure, and quite often, purpose. While most long-form documentaries … Continue reading...
More featured posts
- Four approaches to structuring micro-documentaries
- 10 reasons why making documentaries is better than making fiction films
- New Forms / New Opportunities Panel (Sarah Wolozin & Natasha Giraudie)
- Reflections on Paul Sharits frozen film frames
- Smartphone Shorts (follow-up notes)
- Seven videos shot with an iPhone