Black Friday (Sophia Al-Maria, 2016) is one of the most intriguing and insightful digital media installations I've seen in a while, I saw it at the Whitney Museum of American Art in New York last month, and I keep coming back to it in my thoughts. As an artist, Al-Maria has placed 21st century … Continue reading...
Most Recent Posts
In January I purchased a Panasonic GH4 as my primary camera for shooting both stills and video after doing my research and shooting with a variety of full-frame, APS-C, and MFT (Micro Four Thirds) cameras. I decided that the full-frame lenses and cameras are simply too heavy for a lightweight kit. … Continue reading...
SEED: The Untold Story examines the disappearance of seed varieties, a crucial environmental and food security issue, focused around the work of several passionate seed collectors including Dr. Vandana Shiva in India who says “...as the corporate greed creates the seed famine, more people realize … Continue reading...
Hollow (requires Google Chrome) is an interactive documentary and community participatory project that examines the future of rural America through … Continue reading...
Rebel: Loreta Velazquez, secret soldier of the American Civil War is a new documentary by María Agui Carter that tells the story of a woman who has … Continue reading...
- UnknownSpring: web documentary review and interview with photojournalist Jake Price
- Whitney Dow: When the Drum is Beating
- Chris Paine: Revenge of the Electric Car
- Tom Robotham talks about his Blender LED light
- Interview with David Redmon and Ashley Sabin about Intimidad
- Scott Kirsner: Inventing the Movies
I'm often asked by my students what's a good sound recording starter kit that provides the most bang for the buck on a tight budget. In response to … Continue reading...
This post is a follow-up to the "Final Cut Pro X for Final Cut Pro 7 Editors" workshop I did at Boston Neighborhood Network on Saturday, December 13, … Continue reading...
More featured posts
- Is the Audio-Technica BP4029 the perfect cinéma-vérité microphone?
- Four approaches to structuring micro-documentaries
- 10 reasons why making documentaries is better than making fiction films
- New Forms / New Opportunities Panel (Sarah Wolozin & Natasha Giraudie)
- Reflections on Paul Sharits frozen film frames
- Smartphone Shorts (follow-up notes)